Moving house is usually an exciting experience, but when it comes to packing it can quickly turn stressful. There is no doubt that you will want to pack up your house as fast as possible. However, if you don’t move house cleanly, you will soon end up putting more barriers in the way, which will only make the process a lot longer. Keeping that in mind, read on for some top tips on how to move house quickly and cleanly.
- Acquire all of the packing supplies you need – The first thing you need to do is get all of the packing supplies required. There is nothing more frustrating than starting to pack and then realising that you don’t have any bubble wrap or packing tape.
- Have a plan – Packing aimlessly is one of the biggest mistakes you can make. If you do this, you are guaranteed to slow down the process, as you will end up confusing yourself and dragging out the move. Instead, it is a good idea to set a goal for every day. You should also make sure you organise the way in which you are going to pack, for example, you may have designated bags for stuff you are going to throw away, and then for those you are going to give away, and so on.
- Pack one room at a time – If you are to ensure that packing goes quickly, you need to tackle one room at a time. This will make certain that you stay organised. Plus, when the movers get to your new property, you will know which boxes go where.
- Ask for help – Don’t be afraid to ask your friends and family to give you a helping hand. This will speed up the process. Simply assign them a task – such as bubble wrapping all of your glasses and cookware. They will no doubt be more than happy to help you out, so long as you return the favour if the time comes.
- De–clutter – You want your new place to be a clutter free home. When you are packing, you should have a box for all of the things you don’t need. Be strict with yourself. Don’t keep clothes on the off chance that you may wear them one day. If you have not worn them within the past year, chuck them away. This will ensure that you do not simply end up moving clutter from one place to another, which will make the move messy and it will take a lot longer too.
- Hire a quality moving company – It certainly pays to take the time to choose a removal company with care. If you do not do your research, you could end up falling victim to an unreliable company that delays the process even further by not arriving on time or being unprofessional in their approach. Thus, make sure you take the time to read reviews that have been left by previous customers to ensure that they had a good experience with the company in question.